openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: calc BeanShell script save gives "error saving script" window.
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:31:59 GMT
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 07:59:57AM -0600, Larry Evans wrote:
> On 03/03/13 17:50, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 12:09:25PM -0600, Larry Evans wrote:
> >> // Debug: Invoking method (after massaging values): public static
> >> java.lang.Object
> >> com.sun.star.uno.UnoRuntime.queryInterface(java.lang.Class,java.lang.Object)
> >> with tmpArgs:
> >> // Debug: tmpArgs[0] = interface com.sun.star.frame.XModel type = class
> >> java.lang.Class
> >> java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>     at bsh.Reflect.invokeOnMethod(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.BSHAssignment.eval(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)
> >>     at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)
> >>     at
> >> com.sun.star.script.framework.provider.beanshell.ScriptImpl.invoke(Unknown
> >> Source)
> > "Unknown Source" means sources were compiled without -g, hard to guess
> > what's happening there. Try these jars compiled with -g:
> > http://people.apache.org/~arielch/api/scriptingfwkdebug.tar.gz
> > The JARs in the folder classes should be placed in
> > openoffice.org/basis3.5/program/classes/
> I can see no basis3.5:
> Instead, I just see basis3.4.  What should I do?

I should have used placeholders ;) Put the jars in
openoffice.org/basis<major.minor>/program/classes/

basis3.4 in your case.

About debugging Java stuff, if you are planning to use BeansShell, you
should think about using an IDE to write your code, the "editor" that
shows up when you press "Edit" in the Script Organizer is rather
suboptimal. There seems to be a plug-in for Netbeans:
http://netbeans.dzone.com/beanshell-scripting-netbeans

Long time ago I wrote this tutorial:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Scripting_in_Java_with_NetBeans_IDE
It has some information that might apply to scripting and debugging with
BeanShell.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile