openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Philip Poulteney <philip_poulte...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Fwd: Re: Open Office on my wife's Mac
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 18:26:13 GMT
Hi,

The file that downloaded spawned a window with 3 folders and the
OpenOffice Icon.

The window shows and arrow from the Open Office Icon pointing to the
applications folder.

The other folders are readme and something else.

I dragged the Open Office Icon to my wife's applications folder and it
seemed to take a while copying it across with a progress bar.

I then double clicked the icon in the applications folder and a question
mark displayed on her tool bar at the bottom of the screen.

When you click this questionmark the Open Office Icon appeared in it's
place.

When you click it again it seems to jump up and down the 1st time then
appears static but no windows open?

Warm Regards
Phil

----- Original message -----
From: Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com>
Cc: philip_poulteney@fastmail.fm
Subject: Re: Open Office on my wife's Mac
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:13:14 -0600

On 2013-02-26 12:36 PM Philip Poulteney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded Open Office to my wife's MAC.
>
> I have dragged the icon into the applications folder.

Did you open the .dmg file you downloaded and then drag
OpenOffice.org.app into the application
folder or did you just drag the file you downloaded to the application
folder?

--

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
reply to me personally but just to the list at

replies to your query.To
subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind
theirs." - Edgard Varese