On 11/28/2012 12:56 PM, Jeffrey Deutsch wrote:
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
On 11/28/2012 12:29 PM, Jeffrey Deutsch wrote:
Hello,

I'm finalizing my eBook manuscript on Writer. The only thing left to
do is set up Roman numeral page numbers for the first three pages
(title page, about the author and table of contents) - or possibly
only give the about the author and table of contents pages Roman
numerals - and then Arabic numerals for the rest. Also, the Arabic
numerals must start with 1.

As a second-best solution, I'm willing to have the first three pages
have no page numbers at all, as long as the rest have Arabic page
numbers starting with 1.

I've struggled with it and read over the relevant Help file more times
than I care to count. Any help you can offer would be much
appreciated. Thank you very kindly!

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

An obvious work-around for the second-best solution:  Make the first 3 pages
a separate file without page numbers.  Or just write the Roman numbers at
the
bottom of each page, using center justification. Then the remainder will be
its
own file with page numbers starting at 1.  Now you can have most of the
"best"
solution. Two files doesn't sound like all that big a deal.

--doug

Hi Doug,

Actually, I'd've already submitted them in four separate files - thing
is, the recipient strongly prefers the manuscript in one file only.

Anything you can suggest under that constraint would really help.

Thank you for your courtesy!

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

Your mood can affect how you read this e-mail. Please read it with a smile.
(http://tonecheck.com)