openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <>
Subject Re: delete all components of 3.3 before intalling 3.4.1
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:56:42 GMT
pauljoynes wrote:
> Dear forum, I had 3.3 0r 3.4 (older version) installed and then tried to install 3.4.1,
but it tells me to exit remaining segments like openoffice.3.4 Quick ?
> Can you tell me how to totally uninstall all segments of 3.4?

Before you try to upgrade or to uninstall make sure that the
Quick-starter is not running. On Windows it starts by default at
start-up and runs minimized in the system tray (the area nest to the
clock on XP). Just right click the icon (a blue globe with with gulls in
it) and select exit quick-starter from the pop-up menu.

Once it is closed you can then either uninstall or run the upgrade.

Hope this helps

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message