openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <>
Subject Re: Data Base Conversion
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:04:52 GMT
Dan Lewis wrote:
> On 11/29/2012 08:00 AM, DeWayne McCarty wrote:
>> I have a data base file created in MS Works. Is there a way to convert
>> it to
>> Open Office data base, without doing a new OODB design?
>>   thank you
>> DeWayne McCarty
>      Probably not. Anything created by MS Works has to be converted to
> either a MS Office program or to AOO.
>      The first thing to do is to save the database file as a CSV (comma
> separated version) format. Then you can use Base to connect to the CSV
> file.
> --Dan

If I remember correctly some versions of Works could convert to dbase
which if I remember correctly can be accessed by AOO Base.

Dwayne; Check if your version of Works will save the database as dbase
format. If I can find it I will dig out my old copy of Works 4.5A and
check it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message