openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Spell
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 22:16:36 GMT
Hi,

Am 14.11.2012 19:11, schrieb Mark Soderburg:
> Recently my word processing documents have started to open with virtually
> every word underlined in red as if they are all misspelled. Has my
> dictionary or spell checker become un-attached somehow? I tried to cure by
> a re load of 3.4.1 but no luck.    Thanks   I am using windows

please check the installed spell checkers within the application (menu
item /tools/extension manager/) and if there are dupicates for our
language. If this is the case then uninstall those not needed within
that dialog.

If your language is not listed within the extension manager then have a
look at http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries
I believe you'll find one to install for your language. There are
diverse spell checkers available. You just need to choose one of them
suitable for your language and install it by opening the oxt file.
Usually your operating system will pass this file to be opened with
OpenOffice.

Kind regards, Joost