openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andreas S├Ąger <ville...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Mail Merge Problem
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 10:03:12 GMT
Am 10.11.2012 04:16, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have been trying to get empty fields to not leave blank lines.  I have
> got it working with fields like Town but when the field name has a space in
> it, like' Street Address 1' I cant work out how to refer to field.
>
> I have been using Insert->Section and checking Hide.  in the 'With
> Condition' field I have been adding 'city eq ""' but how do I refer to
> 'Street Address 1', I think it is the space that is causeing the problem.
>
> Ben

Then the question is how the space gets into the field. The field is not
empty if there is a space so the rule which hides the entire field does
not apply.
Which is the type of database you are connected to? Hit F4, right-click
the data source icon and choose "Edit Database File". The status bar of
the database window indicates where the data come from.