openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andreas S├Ąger <ville...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:27:00 GMT
Am 02.11.2012 00:08, Heldmx@aol.com wrote:
> Sir or Madam, I receive SPAM  as your company sends to me everyday. If I
> sounded harsh, it was to be  recognized as harsh. Now that I have your
> attention, I hope to never to receive  another SPAM mail from your group. Michael
> Joel Held PS I did try to delete my  email sites from your list. I followed
> all directions, but received this note  from you.

This is one of the many reasons why mailing lists do not work for end
user support of popular software.

This could be Windows victims with crude malware on their PC.
This could be the "customers" of scam sites who sell OpenOffice under
some name with "professional support contract" which means automatic
registration by some mail bot.
This could be direct trolling.

In any case it is an attack against the reputation of OpenOffice.org.
The overall value of the remaining list is questionable (by quantity and
quality).