openoffice-users mailing list archives

From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Bad site certificate
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 00:39:38 GMT
On 11/01/2012 10:45 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 25/10/2012 NoOp wrote:
>> On 10/25/2012 10:50 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> The recommended way to access the OpenOffice site in HTTPS for those who
>>> prefer it over HTTP is to use:
>>> https://ooo-site.apache.org
>> Like the above, the URL should be configured to automatically redirect
>> to https://ooo-site.apache.org when an https request is received?
>
> Apparently, this won't work since Infra says "Redirect won't work, as
> the SSL handshake precedes the first opportunity to send a redirect".

That doesn't make any sense as I've already demonstrated that the other
https links to those IP addresses do indeed redirect.

> But you are welcome to weigh in directly on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5450 :
> registration is open to everyone.

Thanks, but no thanks. I suppose I could provide a server trace &
wireshark session file etc., but I doubt that it will do any good to
attempt to change Daniel Shahaf's mind.  You, however, might ask him
just how the other https links work on those IP's, yet the OOo link does
not, and why 443 is turned on for that URL to begin with if Apache do
not intend to support https on that link.