openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Open Office in Swedish
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:22:17 GMT
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Inger Rehn <> wrote:
> I do not understand why I have to write in English - But, anyway, that is
> the core problem - I have been using Open Office for quite a few years -
> Now, there came a request to update the program - done it appears to be
> something apache - and it comes in English - I want it in Swedish or I will
> change to another program - An excuse of the Swedish site to instal Swedish
> files via Arkiv (yours file) does not work because the suptitle "guider
> (yours guides)" does not exist under the Arkiv title -
> Very disappointing and I ask for your immediate attention to solve this
> major problem

Hello Inger,

As you probably know, Apache OpenOffice is a volunteer-led project.
So the coding, the tessting, even the user support on this mailing
list is done by volunteers.   We have volunteer translators as well.
We're making good progress on the Scandinavian languages.  Danish is
now done.  Norwegian Bokmål is close as well.  We'd like to release a
Swedish version of OpenOffice 3.4.1, along with Danish and Norwegian,
in January.  But we need volunteers to help with the translation and
testing.  We're close -- 95% done for Swedish.

If you are interested in this, or know someone who can help, you can
find more information here: