openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ask OpenOffice -- The Apache OpenOffice project invites your questions
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:57:35 GMT
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Kadal Amutham <vkadal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like people are using the google moderator as a place to report bugs.
> Kindly indicate clearly the purpose of google moderator and ask the users
> to report bugs elsewhere. Have a link to report bugs.

The note did conclude with this:

"Note: support questions should still go to our community support
forums (http://forum.openoffice.org/) for faster response.  Ask
OpenOffice is intended for questions of broader interest to users and
the community."

So clearly not everyone reads the full note.  Luckily individual
support questions are unlikely to get any votes, so they will not get
into the top 10.   The questions that rise to the top should end up
being ones of broader interest, about strategic direction, etc.

-Rob