openoffice-users mailing list archives

From M Henri Day <mhenri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Office in Swedish
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:43:27 GMT
2012/11/28 Coll-Barth, Michael <Michael.Coll-Barth@verizonwireless.com>

> > From: M Henri Day [mailto:mhenriday@gmail.com]
>

> > 2012/11/28 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com>
> >
> > > Unfortunately it seems like most of the Swedish translators moved to
> > > LibreOffice, which is a shame, because LibreOffice is crap these days.
> > > For every new feature they introduce a dozen of bugs which will never
> > > be corrected. Something like that, anyway. I was planning to go back
> > > to OpenOffice, but I'd like to have it in Swedish, so maybe not… :(
> > >

> > The above statement to the effect that «LibreOffice is crap these days»
> > does not at all correspond to my experience ; quite the contrary....
> >
> > Henri
>
> It is truly a shame that there had to be this fork.  The 'eyes' have been
> effectively cut in half between the two products.  And for what, minor
> differences?  Is one product really so much better than the other?  Yeah, I
> see the differences, but they are less than between versions of MS Office.

Agree - but the responsibility for the forking should be placed squarely
where it lies - on Oracle. Moreover, the forked paths would have
automatically rejoined had Oracle, when it decided to dump OOo, chosen to
assign it to the Document Foundation, which was already up and running and
which requested that this be done. Instead, the firm decided to assign all
the rights to Apache, in the knowledge that doing so would perpetuate the
fork. Thank you, Mr Ellison....

Henri