openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.aspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Page Number Question on Writer
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:56:44 GMT
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 11/28/2012 12:29 PM, Jeffrey Deutsch wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm finalizing my eBook manuscript on Writer. The only thing left to
>> do is set up Roman numeral page numbers for the first three pages
>> (title page, about the author and table of contents) - or possibly
>> only give the about the author and table of contents pages Roman
>> numerals - and then Arabic numerals for the rest. Also, the Arabic
>> numerals must start with 1.
>>
>> As a second-best solution, I'm willing to have the first three pages
>> have no page numbers at all, as long as the rest have Arabic page
>> numbers starting with 1.
>>
>> I've struggled with it and read over the relevant Help file more times
>> than I care to count. Any help you can offer would be much
>> appreciated. Thank you very kindly!
>>
>> Jeff Deutsch
>> Speaker & Life Coach
>> A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
>> http://www.asplint.com
>>

> An obvious work-around for the second-best solution:  Make the first 3 pages
> a separate file without page numbers.  Or just write the Roman numbers at
> the
> bottom of each page, using center justification. Then the remainder will be
> its
> own file with page numbers starting at 1.  Now you can have most of the
> "best"
> solution. Two files doesn't sound like all that big a deal.
>
> --doug

Hi Doug,

Actually, I'd've already submitted them in four separate files - thing
is, the recipient strongly prefers the manuscript in one file only.

Anything you can suggest under that constraint would really help.

Thank you for your courtesy!

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

Your mood can affect how you read this e-mail. Please read it with a smile.
(http://tonecheck.com)