openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Office in Swedish
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:38:34 GMT
2012/11/28 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Inger Rehn <inger.rehn@telia.com> wrote:
>> I do not understand why I have to write in English - But, anyway, that is
>> the core problem - I have been using Open Office for quite a few years -
>> Now, there came a request to update the program - done it appears to be
>> something apache - and it comes in English - I want it in Swedish or I will
>> change to another program - An excuse of the Swedish site to instal Swedish
>> files via Arkiv (yours file) does not work because the suptitle "guider
>> (yours guides)" does not exist under the Arkiv title -
>> Very disappointing and I ask for your immediate attention to solve this
>> major problem
>>

> Hello Inger,
>
> As you probably know, Apache OpenOffice is a volunteer-led project.
> So the coding, the tessting, even the user support on this mailing
> list is done by volunteers.   We have volunteer translators as well.
> We're making good progress on the Scandinavian languages.  Danish is
> now done.  Norwegian Bokmål is close as well.  We'd like to release a
> Swedish version of OpenOffice 3.4.1, along with Danish and Norwegian,
> in January.  But we need volunteers to help with the translation and
> testing.  We're close -- 95% done for Swedish.
>
> If you are interested in this, or know someone who can help, you can
> find more information here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/translate.html
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Unfortunately it seems like most of the Swedish translators moved to
LibreOffice, which is a shame, because LibreOffice is crap these days.
For every new feature they introduce a dozen of bugs which will never
be corrected. Something like that, anyway. I was planning to go back
to OpenOffice, but I'd like to have it in Swedish, so maybe not… :(

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ