openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Maurice Howe" <maur...@stny.rr.com>
Subject RE: Retriving old files
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 19:25:35 GMT
Such files could be in Word Perfect, Lotus spreadsheets, Microsoft Works,
Lotus Notes, and any of many formats.  I'd suggest copying the file, as is,
to a CD and hand it to your friendly neighbor computer guru.  Maybe (s)he
can unravel it and rewrite it into a format that you can use.  That would
save endless frustration, aggravation and disappointment.

Maurice D. Howe
General MacArthur Honor Guard Assn
616 Lacey Drive
Endwell, NY 13760
607-754-0469
Maurice@stny.rr.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Robbie Doebert [mailto:rdoebert@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:13 PM
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Retriving old files

I received some old document files on  31/2 inch floppy disks.  I was able
to download and save them to my hard drive.  The files are saved in Open
Office 1.1.  When I tried to open them, a window popped up "ASCII Filter
options".  I just clicked enter and the document came up completely
scrambled.  Is there a way to retrieve these documents?  These are old
church records and I would really like to be able to save them onto a DVD or
flash drive to preserve them.
 I would appreciate any help you can give me.  Thank you

Roberta Doebert
-----
No virus found in this message.