openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "JDDBusiness_juno" <jddbusin...@juno.com>
Subject Desirable new feature
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 03:07:21 GMT
Can an add-in for OO be developed (envisioned??) that would create
a customized index of user selected words??  In one sense, it
would be like the word list in a custom dictionary that gets built
by the user one word at a time as s/he adds new words to the
dictionary.  My thought was that it would result in a relatively
small file since not all words would be indexed.  I would think it
should include "every" instance where the word occurs.  I am
envisioning it as a broadly-sourced index in that it would include
several document types and perhaps could even include file names
and not just file content as part of the range of input into the
index.  Indexing file tags would be especially useful for image
files.  It would also be nice if it could include wildcard letters
(? and *) for searching the index.

Just an idea...

Thanks for a great product.  Joseph Domine, Humble TX