openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Girvin R. Herr" <girvin.h...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: StarOffice (was RE: users Digest 28 Nov 2012 19:50:51 -0000 Issue 232)
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:06:33 GMT

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org
>
>> wrote:
>>

>> StarOffice was not spun out.  Oracle continued with an Oracle Open Office
>> for a time.  They seem to have concluded that was not a sustainable
>> business.
>>
>>  - Dennis

Dennis,
Thanks for the chronology update.  It has filled in a lot of history
holes I had.  I used StarOffice 6 way back when, until OpenOffice 1.0
came out.  I must say that OO/LO has come a long way since then.
StarOffice may be dead, but there must still be some users out there to
support the website.  However, it sounds like the website is also
dying.  They are looking for advertisers to help support the web site's
costs.  I also noticed one can still purchase StarOffice on ebay, but
that is not necessarily a sign of life.
Thanks again.
Girvin Herr