openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Girvin R. Herr" <girvin.h...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: users Digest 28 Nov 2012 19:50:51 -0000 Issue 232
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:24:52 GMT
There is also another fork - StarOffice, the predecessor of OpenOffice.
http://staroffice.com/
Way back before OpenOffice, Sun purchased StarOffice from Star Division
and then made it open source as OpenOffice. The last I heard, Sun
Microsystems was still developing StarOffice as their income product,
where they sold it and bundled support in with it. Now I do not see any
connection between StarOffice and Oracle. Did Oracle get StarOffice when
they bought Sun or did Sun or Oracle spin it off? The StarOffice website
above is dated 2011, so it may be dead or dying. Clicking on News,
vectors to Apache OpenOffice!
Just curious.
Girvin Herr