openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <>
Subject Re: Page Number Question on Writer
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:17:10 GMT
I started out making in my book in separate files and then, using a
program called CreatePDF, generated PDF files of each section which
gathered them all into one PDF file.  For printing at home and making
e-books, this worked just fine, but when I sent it to Lulu Press, they
rejected the PDF file because it didn't embed all the fonts and I was
never able to get it to do that, so I had to figure out the OOo method
for page numbering and then use OOo's PDF export facility.  I opted for
the master document method, but it is possible to do it all in one file.

After saying this, let me make the disclaimer that I did all this before
AOO 3.4.1 so I am only assuming that it is still possible.

Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU