openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: Page Number Question on Writer
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:09:44 GMT
I did my book using a master document to collect all of the individual
parts of the book, i.e. preface, intro, table of contents (all with
lower case roman numeral page numbers) and each chapter, starting with
arabic page number 1. It's a little tedious to set up, but once it's set
up it's a breeze.

When  I'm editing the individual pieces (files), each file begins with
either  i  or  1  but when I open the master document, it collects all
the individual files and the front matter is numbered consecutively
beginning with  i  and the body is numbered consecutively beginning with  1.

Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
http://leather.casaerwin.org