openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Page Number Question on Writer
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:29:32 GMT
Hi Jeffrey,

Jeffrey Deutsch schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I'm finalizing my eBook manuscript on Writer. The only thing left to
> do is set up Roman numeral page numbers for the first three pages
> (title page, about the author and table of contents) - or possibly
> only give the about the author and table of contents pages Roman
> numerals - and then Arabic numerals for the rest. Also, the Arabic
> numerals must start with 1.

I don't know if it will work when converting to eBook, but for a Writer
document you need this:

The page number is a property of the page style. Therefore you need a
page style for each kind of page number. You can use the page styles
"First Page", "Index" and "Default" and alter them to your needs.

The set the cursor in the very beginning of that page, where a new kind
of numbering should start. Right click and call "Paragrah" (not "Edit
Paragraph style"). In the dialog page "Text flow" check Breaks Insert,
Type Page, Position Before. From the list With page style choose the
desired one. To continue page number counting set Page Number to 0, to
start a new counting, set it to 1.

The decision between Arabic or Roman is not here, but on the dialog page
"Page" of the page style properties. It is the list "Format" in the
section "Layout settings".

Do you understand German? Then you will find help in
http://www.ooowiki.de/UnterschiedlicheSeitenlayouts
http://www.ooowiki.de/SeitenNummerierung

I have not looked whether it is explained in the Writer Guide.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

Kind regards
Regina