openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open Office in Swedish
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:01:56 GMT
On 28/11/2012 M Henri Day wrote:
> Unlike in the case of AOo, where the latest stable version, 3.4.1
> still remains unavailable in Swedish, LibreOffice 3.6.3, the latest stable
> version of LO, is available in *ärans och hjältarnas språk*....

This is widely repeated, but only partially true. We could package and
distribute OpenOffice in more than 100 languages tomorrow (so to say; of
course it would need some infrastructure work, but the translations are
there).

Swedish is at 95% in OpenOffice (which means 96% after the, now useless,
TestTool strings are removed) and at 96% in LibreOffice, as one can find
from the respective Pootle statistics. Of course, these numbers are not
very significant since they should be taken at release time, but this is
what I could find now.

So, for the vast majority of languages, this is only a matter of release
policy: so far, OpenOffice only releases translations where there are
active volunteers who bring the translation to 100%. We already have a
couple of volunteers working on Swedish, so I'm confident we can reach
100% and release 3.4.1 in Swedish in January.

The recent post from Juergen at
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_reached_out_to
is quite informative in this respect.

Regards,