openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Page Number Question on Writer
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:51:35 GMT
On 11/28/2012 12:29 PM, Jeffrey Deutsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm finalizing my eBook manuscript on Writer. The only thing left to
> do is set up Roman numeral page numbers for the first three pages
> (title page, about the author and table of contents) - or possibly
> only give the about the author and table of contents pages Roman
> numerals - and then Arabic numerals for the rest. Also, the Arabic
> numerals must start with 1.
>
> As a second-best solution, I'm willing to have the first three pages
> have no page numbers at all, as long as the rest have Arabic page
> numbers starting with 1.
>
> I've struggled with it and read over the relevant Help file more times
> than I care to count. Any help you can offer would be much
> appreciated. Thank you very kindly!
>
> Jeff Deutsch
> Speaker & Life Coach
> A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
> http://www.asplint.com

An obvious work-around for the second-best solution:  Make the first 3 pages
a separate file without page numbers.  Or just write the Roman numbers
at the
bottom of each page, using center justification. Then the remainder will
be its
own file with page numbers starting at 1.  Now you can have most of the
"best"
solution. Two files doesn't sound like all that big a deal.

--doug