openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Platforms..
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 23:39:30 GMT
Forwarding to Tony the two answers by Rob and Dennis, see below. Tony,
please follow the archives at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-users/ or subscribe
to the list (same link) if you don't want to miss answers. Andrea

On 27/11/2012 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I've installed Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 on the release version of Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)
and I have seen no difficulty.  The tiles for the icons look rather nice on the start page.

>   - Dennis
>
> PS: There is no Java installed by default in Windows 8, although an OEM might include
it.  I haven't run into anything in my personal use of AOO 3.4.1 that has that be a problem.
 Others who depend on Java-based features will need to install Java.