openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Disabling auto format
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 03:17:45 GMT
I have a new computer and have installed a new copy of open office and
cannot remember how to disable one of the auto correct features.  In
particular, I do not want it to automatically change the first letter
after a period to an upper case letter.  In case it matters, I'm on
Windows 7 and OOo 3.4.1.

Under help I found this:

    To Stop Capitalizing the First Letter of a Sentence

 1.

    Choose *Tools -- AutoCorrect Options*.

 2.

    Click the *Options* tab.

 3.

    Clear the "Capitalize first letter of every sentence" check box.

However under the Tools menu the only entries are:
Macros   >
Extension Manager...
Customize...
Options...

So I looked under Options but still found nothing about AutoCorrect.

--
Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03