openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bad site certificate
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 17:45:51 GMT
On 25/10/2012 NoOp wrote:
> On 10/25/2012 10:50 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> The recommended way to access the OpenOffice site in HTTPS for those who
>> prefer it over HTTP is to use:
>> https://ooo-site.apache.org
> Like the above, the URL should be configured to automatically redirect
> to https://ooo-site.apache.org when an https request is received?

Apparently, this won't work since Infra says "Redirect won't work, as
the SSL handshake precedes the first opportunity to send a redirect".

But you are welcome to weigh in directly on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5450 :
registration is open to everyone.

And if in the end the most sensible solution is that we acquire a
certificate for *.openoffice.org , this is surely something the PMC and
Infra can look into. But it would be good to see the discussion in the
issue page converge.

Regards,
   Andrea.