openoffice-users mailing list archives

From setiad...@romindo-factory.net
Subject Re: Retriving old files
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:24:03 GMT
Dear Doebert;

In my experience with the other file format, when the Oo ask use ASCII, select the other format
US standard fonts or other format;  it's will works;

Try it;

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!

-----Original Message-----
From: "Robbie Doebert" <rdoebert@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 14:13:09
To: <ooo-users@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Retriving old files

I received some old document files on  31/2 inch floppy disks.  I was able to download and
save them to my hard drive.  The files are saved in Open Office 1.1.  When I tried to open
them, a window popped up "ASCII Filter options".  I just clicked enter and the document came
up completely scrambled.  Is there a way to retrieve these documents?  These are old church
records and I would really like to be able to save them onto a DVD or flash drive to preserve
them.
 I would appreciate any help you can give me.  Thank you

Roberta Doebert