openoffice-recruitment mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: New Subscription
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 20:17:43 GMT
  <head>
  </head>
    On 10/3/2018 2:41 PM, Shu Lo wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAMTEH7-F53mKkTVGDVdjbpo==v4jU65y83gGf2cB_TPTr9UENQ@mail.gmail.com">
      <pre wrap="">To Whom It May Concern,

I've just joined the recruitment list and I would like to do some open
source work for open office.
I am a 3rd year student with an intermediate knowledge of C++. I have coded
in C++ for a +1 year and have some C++ industry experience as a software
developer at ARM. I am not bound to any kind of academic commitment and
would just be interested in contributing to an open source project and any
opportunity to learn as much as possible.
As I am just trying to learn for my own benefit, I am willing to help with
anything I can. However, since I've never done anything in technical
writing, I would be extremely grateful if you could offer any experience in
documentation. I am hoping to start working at around two hours a week.
You can find me at <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://github.com/Shuistlo/">https://github.com/Shuistlo/</a>

Best regards
Shu

</pre>
    Greetings Shu and welcome to Apache OpenOffice (AAO);<br>
    As you are new to open source you may find the <a
      moz-do-not-send="true"
      href="https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html">Orientation
      Modules</a> helpful.<br>
    On the development side we usually suggest your first task is to
    build AOO from source. The code base and the build process are
    complex and being able to build is a needed skill to test any
    changes you may make. The pertinent build documentation is available
    at the following links: <br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO">https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO</a>
    and
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step">https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step</a>
    (which is also linked from the first document.)<br>
    I suspect one of the developers will also reply with more details.<br>
    Any questions you have can be asked here or on the development
    mailing list which can re found at <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:dev@openoffice.apache.org">dev@openoffice.apache.org</a>.
    strongly recommend subscribing to it by sending an empty e-mail to
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:doc-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org">mailto:doc-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org</a>
as this is not only were
    the developers hang out, but also the main communication channel for
    the project were most decisions are made.<br>
    On the documentation side most work is done on our MediaWiki (mwiki)
    instance. The orientation module at <a
      href="https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-doc.html">Introduction
      to Documentation</a> is a good overview of  what the Documentation
    Team does and how to get started. Again questions can be asked here
    or at <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:doc@openoffice.apache.org">mailto:doc@openoffice.apache.org</a>.<br>
    Regards<br>
    Keith N. McKenna<br>