openoffice-recruitment mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject Re: I'm a new volunteer and want to get involved
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2018 21:09:10 GMT
Welcome Bhavay Anand,

I see you have requested Wiki access. Awesome. We are happy for everyone
who volunteers. I hope I can read from you in future. :)

OpenOffice is a bit hard to get into. If you bring some determination
towards the project, we will have fun together.

We do recommend to try to build OpenOffice from source as a first start
for everyone who wants to code. You will need it and our build process
is still 20 years old.

We are working on modernization of course, but it is hard work, and
progress is slow.

We have guides that help you a bit

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

and

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

An overview what is currently going on you find here.

https://trello.com/b/KxedeWKD/openoffice-program-status-board

(In the Market place section I try to sort and collect some issues that
got my attention. Maybe a starting point. For coders)

Don't hesitate to ask questions or to give live signs from time to time.
Helps to see what is going on and is more fun if we can talk a little
bit to right?

I hope this helps you to get a start. On Development mailing list our
main topics discussions are running. I recommend in subscribing there,
and if possible to talk there. If you feel to impressed then write to
the recruitment list. We help you out the best we can.

All the best

Peter