openoffice-recruitment mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: I would like to contibute to open office
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2018 12:13:44 GMT
I know building AOO is difficult. The first time a tried I gave up. The
second time, I asked for help each time I got stuck, and succeeded in
building it.

The core problem is a combination of history, and the number of
different supported platforms.

On 8/20/2018 4:27 AM, Juan B. Rodriguez wrote:
> Several months ago I contacted Openoffice Apache Org; and downloaded what you suggested.
Honestly I wasn’t able to understand your software and ended up uninstalling it. I was hoping
to find a simple and logic programming environment like in Microsoft Visual c/c++, Microsoft
Visual Basic or Borland, etc. All were simple to use because I only had to open the main program
to do all I ever needed, with an ease to understand and use compiler, and simple to access
all I ever needed to create any kind of program/application.
> I understand that today there are many more languages than during those old days and
that were created to perform and simplify the actual variety of Developments and its related
applications.
> I downloaded MS Visual Studio 2017 hoping to learn all I stopped to learn since the year
2005, imagine my actual ignorance.
> I honestly appreciate your continuous messages of motivation. I feel strongly that some
day I shall return and join the Apache Organization, because it will be an honor to participate
with a very different and special kind of organization.

ASP An Aryan Sinha Presentation<mailto:sinha.aryan03@gmail.com>; aalizwel23@gmail.com<mailto:aalizwel23@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: I would like to contibute to open office
>
> Welcome to OpenOffice.
>
> You are contributing by taking part in the OpenOffice Project. There is
> no formal boarder.
>
> We give you access as you go along. So do you have tried to do already
> something?
>
> Try to solve some bug (https://bz.apache.org/ooo/), try to build
> OpenOffice from our guide:
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>

> If you see in the wiki something you want to change or write some code
> documentation ask for an account on dev mailing list.
>
> If you have any questions especially when you get stuck ask on dev
> mailing list.
>

> I hope this gives some orientation.
>

> All the best
>
> Peter
>
> On 28.07.2018 11:47, ASP An Aryan Sinha Presentation wrote:
>> I would also like plz take me to project
>>
>> On Sat, 28 Jul 2018, 12:16 a.m. aalizwel, <aalizwel23@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am a student and and I would like to contribute to open office.I can
>>> write code in C, C++, python  and proficient in data structures and
>>> algorithms.

---
https://www.avg.com