openoffice-recruitment mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: recruitment@openoffice.apache.org
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2018 14:52:13 GMT
Wai Hung Chan wrote:
> Hi, I am interested in contributing to Open Office as a developer and
> tester.
> I have more than twenty years of c/c++ experience.

Welcome! You will feel at home with 20 years of experience, as the
codebase actually still uses some old C++ coding paradigms...

Your first step will be to build OpenOffice from source, on your
favorite operating system. Linux tends to be easiest, but as you already
have familiarity with development any other platform will be OK.

You will find the generic instructions at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
and some OS-specific tips at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties; we'll be ready to
help; otherwise, just ping us back when you have a build and we will
have some tasks ready for you.

Please make sure you are subscribed to this list or you may miss
replies. You subscribe by e-mailing
recruitment-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org (and replying to the
confirmation request you will receive); you will be able to unsubscribe
in the same way at any time by by e-mailing
recruitment-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org

Regards,
   Andrea.