openoffice-recruitment mailing list archives

From David Larson <dyna...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction of: R J Wahl
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:48:48 GMT
I personally prefer Kanban and Scrum like teams to being in work Hierarchy.  The only thing
Hierarchy makes sense to me is to control the money and the expected result being paid for.
 I usually avoid being part of Hierarchy as I don't see it as being productive for new ideas.
Suggestion:  Put a useful link in your email when you refer to something like Bugzilla tracking.
 How do you tell how many people are working on the same task and what they are doing?   If
we were to use a Kanban board, it would need a timeout for any volunteers that don't report
in to facilitate new volunteers taking over a task.

Data: I have been looking at Hadoop recently and have used Python.   R will come later.  My
personal approach to data of any size so far involves a pseudo AI mindset I label as Instinct
along with dividing and conquering the data from different perspectives until I like what
I see.

I will be getting up to speed on more DevOps automation skills over time while I play in cloud
systems like AWS.  I expect Cloudformation and the Google management equivalent to be my best
friends perhaps Jenkins also.  I have some experience with Gmake and it sounds like a good
move.  I have Visual Studio 2017 professional installed on my computers but I am concerned
that environment path settings are disappearing with windows updates on the windows insider
program.  Next thing you know the command prompt no longer knows what python is and pip install
doesn't finish successfully.  I don't look forward to spending time fixing that.

The garbage problem sounds similar to what I was seeing with spreadsheet filters.   Comparing
what worked before and considering event conflict scenerios might help.