openoffice-recruitment mailing list archives

From Diana T <didit...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Introduction of: R J Wahl
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2017 06:23:08 GMT
Unsubscribe

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 21, 2017, at 15:45, David Larson <dynadml@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I use openoffice portable so its handy when I need it but out of the way (not using computer
resources when I don't use it).  I do the same with the chrome browser as it launches too
many processes for my tastes.   I don't use Microsoft Office as its too integrated with the
OS.  I want my computer to be like a transformer Lamborghini not  an overburdened bus. I put
32gb of ram in each of my computers and I still feel that way as I have my own plans for the
data space.

> One slightly annoying behavior of openoffice to fix is sometimes when I start it the
first time it complains about needing to clean up and quits before starting but it works the
second time I try, however then it tends to state it is recovering documents I last worked
on when I already have them saved and puts them into a read only state.  In addition, there
is document formats that probably need to be added. On the ancient side, there is Wordstar
which I discovered I still have old resumes written in and have to resort to a different tool
to recover their valuable content.  On the current side, I am suspicious that the latest Word
like formats supported are getting stale with the Office fans out there.  Hopefully these
are not beyond our reach.   I don't personally care about spreadsheet file formats at this
time as I only use them for my own experiments nor for presentation formats usually although
I may care for those soon.   I do care about some recent new spreadsheet misbehaviors with
moderately sized data sets I have been seeing which I don't like... mostly regarding auto
filters that cause weird results that are difficult to undo.  This problem interferes with
my efforts to develop the information I need for a special new kindle book on SQL. Do we have
a comprehensive list of the latest formats, bugs, and important features that should be supported
but may not be?

> Note I am willing to use github for public projects and I am using Atlassian Bitbucket
for my private projects as I can have 4 coworkers in it for free in that we can use to get
started saving the world from data overload.

> openoffice.apache.org
> Mailing Lists Apache OpenOffice Public Mailing ListsĀ¶ We welcome you to join our mailing
lists and let us know about your thoughts or ideas about Apache OpenOffice.