openoffice-recruitment mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: New Volunteer Orientation module completion
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:41:32 GMT
On 6/18/2017 10:24 PM, Yemelyanenko Fyodor wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've done level 1&2 modules from new volunteer orientation and level 3: intro to
dev.
> I've established local build env, but got error during build process. I'll investigate
it to get further.

Thanks for the update. If you have not already done so, I suggest
reviewing the appropriate section of
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

If that does not quickly solve your problem, please post the details
here or on the dev@openoffice.apache.org list to get help. The build
process can be frustrating.

> For now, I cannot find OO design documents (what modules OO composed of, what structure
of code of these modules, etc.).
> I've browsed source code directories (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Source_code_directories),
and got some overview of OO, but more structured view will be very helpful.
> I very appreciate any help from you.

Unfortunately, I think that directory information is out of date.
According to its introduction, it is about versions prior to 3.3. The
latest released version is 4.1.3. I do not recognize the directory names.

I have also been searching for documentation, without success. I agree
that architecture documentation would be very helpful, but it does not
seem to exist. The best I have been able to do is to dive into bug fixing.