openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Is it time to shut down this effort?
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2016 17:27:42 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> [BCC dev@]
>
> Please be specific about what you mean by "this effort."
>
> The current documentation approach is to develop materials on the MediaWiki.  This wiki
is typical in that it operates like an open-source project with commit then review (although
there is a nice "Discuss" feature).

> If you mean the particular approach to reviewing and approving pages and having a kind
of editor-in-chief, please say so.

>  - Dennis

Dennis;

This mailing list came into existence to coordinate the development of
documentation for Version 4 under the Apache License. There never was
and was never intended to be an editor-in-chief. For a lot of reasons
this particular effort has produced a very limited amount of usable
documentation.

My personal feeling is that it should be recognized that it is not doing
what it was intended to and either retired or reconstituted in a
different form.

I think that my personal position is pretty obvious from my original
message and I wanted to solicit comment from other participants.

Regards
Keith