openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Edits to Base Data Types
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:03:13 GMT
Hi Bailey,

bmarie.naas@gmail.com schrieb:

> Hi Everyone,
> I was poking around the Wiki and came upon this page that needs some help.
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Base/Data_Types#Numeric_Types

OpenOffice uses HyperSQL version 1.8. Their documentation is in
http://www.hsqldb.org/doc/1.8/guide/index.html
and concerning data types especially
http://www.hsqldb.org/doc/1.8/guide/ch09.html#N123FB

>   I’ve gone through and made a few edits to help with clarity and accuracy, but there
are a couple more questions that I have regarding its accuracy.
> 1. The page indicates that the LONGVARCHAR and VARCHAR types are identical.  It seems
like that should be inaccurate.  Does anyone know if there is a difference in maximum size
or any other parameter to differentiate the two?
> 2. Does anyone know the exact format
> I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, I am just getting started
with the project and would really appreciate any guidance you have.
> I hope everyone is having a great week!
> Thank you,
> Bailey

The documentation for version 2.3 is more verbose, but I don't know
which parts are unchanged compared to 1.8.
http://www.hsqldb.org/doc/2.0/guide/index.html

Another aspect is, what differences exist in using the UI in OpenOffice
compared to using SQL statements directly via Tools > SQL...
Unfortunately I don't know :(

Kind regards
Regina