openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Stepping back from trying to drive this effort
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 21:26:07 GMT
Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Maybe we need a better design and structure the community. Some roles
> that people can own and know what to do. This is very counter-apache
> way but I think is also the reason why these efforts don't pick up
> since the roles are not that defined, mentoring is hard and also steps
> are not as apparent.

Alexandro I think you may be right, I just know that right now I do not
have the energy and the requisite skills in the nuts and bolts of
technical writing and publishing to try and drive that re-structuring. I
am more than willing to help but I am tired of beating my head against
walls.

> as a past contributor of ODFAuthors, I remember there was some energy
> put on the Structure and process and roadmap of the documentation team
> so we can prioritize the work and communicate the current status of
> the guides.

We really do not have a documentation team at this point. What we appear
to have is a group of individuals doing there own thing on there own
schedule. I would venture a guess that there are between 50 - 100 people
subscribed to this list, but I can count on one hand the regular
posters. I sent out requests months ago for people to proofread pages
that I had made major revisions to and nobody replied and certainly
nobody looked at the pages.

I truly hope that the effort can be revived and re-structured. Hopefully
after a hiatus I will feel more ready to to again take on the role of
Don Quixote and sally fourth.

Regards
Keith