openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stepping back from trying to drive this effort
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:58:15 GMT
On 11/06/2014 Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> still more structure won't help. People become
>> respected in a field through mutual recognition. This is working well
>> for other OpenOffice fields, like localization and QA.
> In this case Andrea I feel that a little more structure may be just what
> is needed. In some ways documentation is a very different area

Note that by unnecessary structure I meant a formal structure. If you
feel like that a standardization of processes, and attribution of
responsibility, may help, this is absolutely OK.

Well, let's do an experiment: I will pick two pages from your list and
I'll assign them to the two volunteers we have in queue. If it helps,
you are welcome to take responsibility for welcoming volunteers, in this
way or in any other way.

Who knows, maybe our volunteers are more at ease with ODT files than the
Wiki... there are many variations we can try to improve our
documentation efforts, and if the current way is not working we are
totally free to change our approach.

Regards,
   Andrea.