openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From HP <theca...@aim.com>
Subject Organization - April, month of the Writer Guide
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 07:12:01 GMT
Hi All,

Lets start moving this project in the right direction.

I think we need focus, a deadline, and  reward.

We focus on one guide every month, this month, April, I think Writer
would be a good start, then Calc, Impress & Draw (because they are
probably less work than the rest), and finally Base in July. We want to
keep the iterations predictable, so August we start on improving Writer
again and move along.
This is by no means an obligation, ppl who want to work on Impress in
April and do not want to touch Writer can, of course.

I think we need to focus on one thing, get it right, and move on.

April:
Focus: Writer
Deadline: By the 30th of April, the guide must be consistent with the
user interface
Reward: The new Writer guide

May:
Focus: Calc
Deadline: By the 31st of May, the guide must be consistent with the user
interface
Reward: The new Calc guide

June:
Focus: Impress & Draw
Deadline: By the 30th of June, the guide must be consistent with the
user interface
Reward: The new Impress and Draw guides

July:
Focus: Base
Deadline: By the 31st of July, the guide must be consistent with the
user interface
Reward: The new Base guide

As soon as I have my IP unblocked (not sure what happened), I will start
on reviewing the first three chapters. There are 12, so I guess I would
need at the least 3 other girls/guys to help me out.

The first thing I see is the introduction to the writer immediately
talks about styles, I do not like that although styles are a central
piece of any word processor, I think we need to take it gentle in the intro.

"Working with Text" - too many caution admonitions, we should make use
of notes and tips instead ... caution is for "dangerous" situations, I
think ...

So, who wants to pick up the challenge ?

I would greatly appreciate if we just started - I do not want green
bikeshed <http://bikeshed.com/> discussions, lets try this out.

Regards,

HP