openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to change OOo to AOO quickly and efficiently?
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:14:11 GMT
Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

> On a whim I took a look at the BASIC Guide
> (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide), which
> reads as follows:
>
> This guide provides an introduction to programming with OpenOffice.org
> Basic.
>
> I then looked at the WIKI source, which reads as follows:
>
> This guide provides an introduction to programming with {{OOo}} Basic.
>
> I found it very interesting that OpenOffice.org is inserted using
> {{OOo}}. In theory, it should be possible to update the entire BASIC
> guide to use Apache OpenOffice by changing how the wiki displays OOo.
>
> I looked at the current writer guide, and it uses direct text for Apache
> OpenOffice.
>
> So, what is the recommended method to make that particular change in the
> BASIC guide?

Andrew;

Since {{OOo}} is a template changing the visualization would be a good
way to go. The only drawback that I see is that it would change every
page ( currently 2,782) that uses that template and could have a
detrimental effect on the performance of the system.

I did create a similar template {{Documentation/AOO}}, documented in the
Wiki Editing Policy
(https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy),
which inserts Apache OpenOffice. If there was an efficient way to
replace {{OOo}} with {{Documentation/AOO}} in the guide pages that might
be a better way to go. Not sure if the wiki editor has a find and
replace function or can utilize regular expressions.

Regards
Keith