openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Dick Groskamp <th.grosk...@quicknet.nl>
Subject Re: How to change OOo to AOO quickly and efficiently?
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:48:46 GMT
Andrew Douglas Pitonyak schreef op 12-2-2014 15:40:

> On 02/12/2014 02:14 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>>> On a whim I took a look at the BASIC Guide
>>> (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide), which
>>> reads as follows:
>>>
>>> This guide provides an introduction to programming with OpenOffice.org
>>> Basic.
>>>
>>> I then looked at the WIKI source, which reads as follows:
>>>
>>> This guide provides an introduction to programming with {{OOo}} Basic.
>>>
>>> I found it very interesting that OpenOffice.org is inserted using
>>> {{OOo}}. In theory, it should be possible to update the entire BASIC
>>> guide to use Apache OpenOffice by changing how the wiki displays OOo.
>>>
>>> I looked at the current writer guide, and it uses direct text for
>>> Apache
>>> OpenOffice.
>>>
>>> So, what is the recommended method to make that particular change in
>>> the
>>> BASIC guide?
>>>
>> Andrew;
>>
>> Since {{OOo}} is a template changing the visualization would be a good
>> way to go. The only drawback that I see is that it would change every
>> page ( currently 2,782) that uses that template and could have a
>> detrimental effect on the performance of the system.
>>
>> I did create a similar template {{Documentation/AOO}}, documented in the
>> Wiki Editing Policy
>> (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy),
>>
>> which inserts Apache OpenOffice. If there was an efficient way to
>> replace {{OOo}} with {{Documentation/AOO}} in the guide pages that might
>> be a better way to go. Not sure if the wiki editor has a find and
>> replace function or can utilize regular expressions.
>>

>> Regards
>> Keith
>>
> If the intent is to change OOo to AOO, if I could change the pages at
> 3 minutes per page, it would take 6 days of solid work to change them
> all. Could this be done during a maintenance cycle?

If that is not possible, one might consider using Find and replace in a
texteditor like Notepad++

Copying the complete wiki-text into Notepad++ and then replacing {{OOo}}
by {{Documentation/AOO}}
and repasting the new text into the wiki-page might be somewhat faster ?

I've tried it on a few pages in the Dutch translation and it seems to work.

I suspect the template {{OOo}} is not only used in the BASIC-guide, but
also on other pages,
which might not be changed.

--
DiGro