openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From 張仁瀚 <yohey03...@gmail.com>
Subject Use GDB but no debugging symbols found
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 08:37:12 GMT
Hello everyone,

Recent days I have tried to run AOO with GDB dor debugging. But
after I ran it(enter gdb ./soffice.bin), I got a message said no
debugging symbols found. And then I typed "list", I got "No symbol
table is loaded".

Here is log:

$ gdb ./soffice.bin
GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4-2012.04-0ubuntu2.1) 7.4-2012.04
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://bugs.launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/>...
Reading symbols from /opt/openoffice4/program/soffice.bin...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
(gdb) list
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.

I have configured with --enable-symbols.
Here is my configure:

$ ./configure \
     --with-dmake-url=http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
\
     --with-epm-url=http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz
               \
     --enable-symbols  \
     --disable-odk \
     --disable-binfilter

It didn't show any error.

And here is my build command:

$ build debug=true dbg_build_only=true

and I also tried

build debug=true dbglevel=2

or

$ build debug=true dbg_build_only=true  dbglevel=2

No error showed but

after I installed it and ran with gdb, I got the same result : no
debugging symbols founds.

In fact, I am not very skillful in Linux system and AOO building system.

Maybe I lost something important needed to be done.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Regards,

   Yohey.