openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Pootle User Guide progress
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:12:32 GMT
Hi all,

Regina Henschel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> my draft on http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Talk:Pootle_User_Guide
> progresses. It is not completed, but I have integrated all still
> relevant parts from http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide.
>
> I now want to move the content from the talk page to the real page,
> replacing its current content. Any objections?

The new guide is now available at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide.

> The content is already very large for a single page. So I want to follow
> Andreas suggestion to divide it in several pages. That can be done by
> transferring some content to independent other pages or by creating
> subpages. What do you like more?

I have chosen to use subpages.

You will find a lot of ToDo's and empty sections. But I think the
content is rich enough to be helpful already now. But it would be nice,
if you join your experience and add it there. And it would be good, if
members with better English than me could correct all the errors.

I want to translate in principle to German. (To get a German guide was
the origin of the whole action.) But I need some help. I found on
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Help:Translating a hint to the templates
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Template:OrigLang and
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Template:Lang. But it is not clear to
me, what I have to add exactly and where.

The pages have localization links in the bottom part, which are
automatically shown in the left column. Currently they are dummies,
copies of what already exists. What should be used at that place
exactly, to get a well structured Wiki?

Kind regards
Regina