openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Is the path to the options menu consistent across all operating systems in the AOO UI
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 16:35:44 GMT
Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> hi
>
> On 2013-05-12, at 10:51 , Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 05/05/2013 Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>>> Since the User Guides are aimed at v4.0, is the Mac path still
>>> OpenOffice.org --> Preferences or would it be OpenOffice --> Preferences
>>> or Apache OpenOffice --> Preferences?
>>
>> Honestly I don't know. I'm CCing Raphael and Juergen since they surely have a working
OpenOffice 4 development snapshot installed on a Mac and they can easily give you the answer.

>> Regards,
>>   Andrea.
>

> I don't know the latest data. But looking at my snapshot build (AOO400m1(Build:9700)
 -  Rev. 1468069
> 2013-04-15 17:20:31 (Mon, 15 Apr 2013) ), I see this:
>
> 1. Splash screen is Apache OpenOffice
> 2. Preferences are normal for OS X 10.8.x and name in the menu bar is "OpenOffice" (no
Apache)
> 3. It's all listed as "OpenOffice" in menu items for preferences.
>
> No OpenOffice.org. Even in Appearance, it's "OpenOffice."
>
> No doubt, "OpenOffice.org" will come up in some non obvious place.
>
> -louis

Louis;

Thank you very much for your answer Louis, the information on how it is
shown is preferences was what I needed. I do not have access to a mac
system and needed to be sure that the documentation accurately reflects
the sofware.

Regards
Keith