openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Response to follow-up e-mails Was Re: Use of Ricardo's Status page.
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:30:38 GMT

On 2013-04-09 I sent the following reminder to all individuals that had
expressed interest in working on documentation but had not yet signed up
for the mailing list:

> You recently expressed interest in working on documentation for
> ApacheOpenOffice. To date you have not signed up for our mailing list which is
where we discuss everything having to do with documentation for the project.

> Currently we are concentrating on user guides for Version 4.0 and we
need help of all sorts for these.If you are still interested please
subscribe to the mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to
mailto:doc-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and follow the instructions
in the return email or for those that prefer using nntp instead set your
news reader to news.gmane.org and subscribe to
gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.doc and join us.

> Regards Keith McKenna

To date I have had no replies. If one of our moderators could check and
see if we have had an increase from the 63 registered users that were on
the list that Dave Barton sent me on 2013-03-26 it would be greatly
appreciated.

It is to say the least disheartening to look at the status page and see
the same few names as doing all the work both writing (Ricardo) and editing.

As a group we need to work towards finding ways to motivate others to
become more active and to recruit new members, especially those with
knowledge of Calc, Impress and Base who can start writing the Guides for
those applications.

Regards
Keith