openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Hans-Peter Carpenter <theca...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: Response to follow-up e-mails Was Re: Use of Ricardo's Status page.
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:32:03 GMT
On 04/29/2013 08:00 PM, Edwin Sharp wrote:
> Volunteers need personal guidance from more experienced volunteers.
>
> It is easy to give up trying to figure out what to do on your own.
>
> Endless nested emails don't help.
>
> Volunteers should be given levels according to their time in the
> project.
>
> So a level three is guiding level two, level two is guiding level one
> etc.
>
> When a fresh volunteer joins, the head of the project is assigning him
> a personal tutor.
>
> With a close guidance, learning, confidence and motivation are much
> better.
>

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 15:55, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> I don't know if anyone counted, but it seemed like we
>> had 15 or more people volunteer to help. But of the offers of help,
>> not many ultimately contributed.
>> Why is this so?
>> Regards,
>> -Rob
Hi all,

Flame suit on.

I have joined LibreOffice and OpenOffice at the same time, because I do
not care about your politics/rivalry/whatever you wanna call it (if
there is any) ... I also joined in on ODFAuthors.

Now, I have already contributed to LibreOffice and ODF authors. As for
OpenOffice, I have no visibility on issues. On the LibreOffice side, the
list asks ppl for stuff, could you check this or that, read through this
other thing ... that is the reason why I contributed there first.

I am a bit lost, mostly because I do not understand all the differences
between LibreOffice, OpenOffice, ODFAuthors ... ok, I know LO is a fork
of OOo and that OOo has now become AOOo ...

I have checked out (as in svn co http://....) AOO, I have no idea where
the doc is, what I could contribute where ... I need a little help or at
least pointers.

Regards,

HP