openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From "Stephen J. Hyland" <...@stephenhyland.com>
Subject Re: New Doc Volunteer
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 17:24:38 GMT
Hello, everyone. My name is Stephen Hyland, and I've been a long-time user of Open Source software,
a software engineer, a technical writer (various tools but primarily FrameMaker), and am an
attorney. I probably won't be of much use, initially, because of my father's death on Saturday
(not unexpected) and because I will be somewhat distracted by the funeral arrangements and
estate matters. So, if no one minds, I'll be lurking but not adding much to the discussions
or the effort at the moment.

I had several questions regarding the documentation project, however.

First, is there a project lead? If I have missed that information, could someone point me
to it?
Second, what is being used for document control?
Third, is there a style guide?

I'm sure I'll think of other things as we proceed.

Thanks,
Stephen

On Mar 4, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Christopher Olsen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My name is Chris Olsen, and I'm an avid user of OpenOffice products. I've been using
them for almost 7 years now, and I'd love to lend my assistance to the documentation project.

> I've always been a proponent of the Open Source movement, but my background has left
me unable to help out in a direct fashion; I have a bachelor's degree in English and I'm pursuing
an MFA in Creative Writing. I'm hoping that with these skills I can become a part of the OpenOffice
team, at least in some small way.

> I'm currently in school and working part time, but I'd love to commit some of my free
time to helping improve OpenOffice and do something for a community I strongly believe in.