openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Guy Waterval <waterval....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss]Call for volunteers [Was: Re: Starting to build the user guide]
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 22:33:48 GMT
Hi Andrea,

2013/2/8 Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>

> On 30/01/2013 Guy Waterval wrote:
>
>  On Jan 27, 2013, at 10:17 AM, RGB ES wrote:
>>> Maybe also state that we also welcome contributions, under Apache
>>> License, of existing written materials that may be of use for our
>>> efforts.
>>>
>> Here are the first  fr files I actually can release.
>> It's the part 1 concerning the general concepts.
>> www.softenpoche.com/aoo/**draft1.zip<http://www.softenpoche.com/aoo/draft1.zip>
>> Licence : ALv2.0, approximatively 100 pages in odf. format.
>>

> I had the opportunity to see this in printed form at FOSDEM and it is a
> really nice resource, thanks Guy! Using materials in French has the
> additional burden of initial translation, but there are some parts, like
> the generic introduction to the suite, that could be reused without too
> much effort.

A pure translation is effectively a lost of time and is  too boring. If
somebody is interested, he can take what he finds good, reject what he
finds bad and modify the parts where he estimates to can do better, put its
own ideas, etc. The resulting doc could only be better, because written by
two authors.

A+
--
gw