openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Draft blog post: Call for Documentation Volunteers
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 00:55:05 GMT

On Feb 25, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>>> https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=call_for_documentation_volunteers
>>
>> Looks good.  Did you want to say something about testing the new
>> release by writing documentation with it?
>>

> The actual writing for the new User Guides will be using the wiki. But
> perhaps the detailed walk-through of the product needed to document
> every dialog, etc., helps with the test coverage?

Nice post. One question for clarification. Which Wiki? I think we all probably agree that
it is the MWiki, and I think we can describe why to choose one vs the other. MWiki is for
documentation that is "permanent" while CWiki is for planning that is transitory - we'll plan
an action but it is not really documentation.

Regards,
Dave