openoffice-doc mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: New Doc Volunteer
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2013 21:42:12 GMT
Joshua Severn wrote:
> Who you are: My name is Josh Severn
>
> Where you are from: California, USA
>
> What your background is: Mainly in writing and language arts. Have some
> experience in business operations, and finally computer technology from a
> user standpoint. Have used Open Office for many years, but am new to the
> contributing community. Interests are in User Documentation, Technical
> Writing, and Translation (Japanese).
>
> Thank You.

Greetings Josh;

Welcome to Apache OpenOffice and especially to the Documentation list.
Since you are new to contributing your first course of action should be
to go through the orientation modules here:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html.

The first 2 levels of the orientation will give you broad project wide
information and skills that any contributor should have no matter their
areas of contribution.

The third level introduces the many areas that one can contribute to.
Since you are interested in User Documentation the Introduction to
Documentation would be a logical choice. This particular unit is very
new and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Again welcome and I look forward to collaborating with you.

Regards
Keith McKenna